Welcome to the Ladies Christian Old Age Home in Cape Town
The Ladies Christian Old Age Home has been an integral part of the City of Cape Town and its environs since 1876.
It was founded out of a concern for elderly ladies who need care. We believe in respecting their rights, to accord them dignity, to attend to their welfare and to ensure their freedom from danger or fear.
Care and Comfort at Ladies Christian Home
It remains based on Christian principles, ensuring that our elderly citizens feel valued, are well looked after, both mentally and physically and continue to enjoy their lives.
Compassionate Care Offered
- Knitting/Crochet Group
- Reading Group
- Exercise Classes
- Shopping to Gardens Centre
- Hymn Singing
- Weekly Church Services conducted by our representative churches
- Weekly Bible Study
- Ladies Meetings
- Daily Devotions
- Movie Mornings
- Scrabble Group
Services and Facilities
We offer the following facilities:
- Single, Double Rooms in the Main Home
- Hand basins and wall heaters in all rooms
- 2/4/6 Bedded wards and 7 Private Rooms in Frail Care
- Alzheimer’s Unit that can accommodate 14 residents (2 per room)
- Communal bathrooms
We render the following services:
- 24 Hour Nursing Care 7 days a week
- Medication controlled by our senior nursing staff
- State doctor available weekly for social pensioners
- We reserve the right to move residents where more nursing intervention is needed
- 3 Nutritious meals per day
- Tea is served to frail residents at 10.30 am and 2 pm
- Rooms cleaned 1 x week
- Hairdresser 1 x week
- Shopping 1 x week
- Library 1 x week
- Tuck-shop 1 x week
- Wellness Clinic Morning 1 x month
- Foot-care Sister 1 x month
- Dementia Support Group 1 x month
In all its endeavors we are motivated by our love for God and an expression of love in tender compassionate care, benevolent and charitable acts for the benefit of the physical, mental and spiritual welfare of those for whom it cares. Ladies Christian Home offers care rather than selling accommodation.
We reserve the right to move a resident when it becomes evident that they would benefit from more care. The resident and her family will be informed in advance.
- Fees available on application
- Application forms available at first interview (not electronically available).
- Smoking and Drinking are strictly prohibited.
Please contact us:
Tel: 021 465 3117 | Fax: 021 465 1443 | firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Wandel Street| Gardens | Cape Town, 8001
“I highly recommend Ladies Christian Home, their Love and Care for my Mother has been exceptional and cannot thank the Management and Staff enough. Mama has been so happy and well-looked after. They are without doubt Angels.” Lilian
“Loved the beautiful gardens and the friendly staff. Place has a feeling of love and warmth”. Paula
“Stunning, great values and respect, so clean, great food, excellent nurses and carers. truly excellent alzheimer and frail care”. Kim
“When I stepped onto the premises I had such a feeling of coming home, like it was meant to be so was not surprised when I was put on the waiting list. All in God’s time as He knows best what is good for His children. Love to all.” Cynthia
“I live here and LOVE it. Wonderful and loving staff.” Ina